Where there is a will, there is a way. Where there is a trust, there is a better way.
Attorney Jack Stephens established Stephens Law Group, to help California residents protect assets through a variety of trusts and oversee trust administration. Proactive planning is paramount for peace of mind and to prevent heirs from enduring a lengthy and complicated probate process.
An Experienced And Peer-Respected Del Mar/Carmel Valley Trust Administration Lawyer
Specific trusts the founder of our firm creates and updates include:
- Family trust: A living trust used by a married couple with or without children
- A-B trust: Reduction or negation of federal estate tax
- A-B-C trust: Provides for additional funds for the surviving spouse of a second marriage or the prior spouse if the second spouse is deceased
- Protective inheritance trust (PIT): Provides a conditional inheritance to children where assets are received, provided they avoid legal proceedings that could jeopardize the inheritance
- Incentive trust inheritance: Thresholds must be met for children suffering from addiction or refusing to work, including a college degree or rehab
- Asset protection: A sole and separate trust for each spouse if one is a business owner and the other chooses to sue as part of a divorce, putting the estate at risk
- Irrevocable trust: Protecting insurance or property from federal estate or property tax
In addition to creating trusts, Jack Stephens facilitates the entire trust administration process, which involves:
- Designating assets for beneficiaries
- Clearing property for sole trustees
- Preparing certification for sole trustees
- Notifying the state that a trust exists to prevent probate
Contact Us ♦ Se Habla Español ♦ نحن نتكلم العربية
At Stephens Law Group, we offer a free initial consultation for new clients. Our office hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday. For the convenience of our clients, we also travel to their homes or nursing facilities.
For more information, please fill out our intake form or contact San Diego trust attorney Jack Stephens at 858-792-0909.