Casey O'Connell is a native of Colorado, but has resided in San Diego since 2008. A graduate of the University of Colorado at Boulder with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a focus in Accounting, Casey left Colorado to attend law school at California Western School of Law here in San Diego.
At California Western, Casey earned the Dean's Merit Tuition Scholarship for his stellar academic performance in his first year. Casey was also invited to join the California Western Law Review on which he served as an associate editor for his subsequent two years of law school. Casey graduated in the top three percent of his class earning Magna Cum Laude honors. He was also on the Dean's List every semester of law school.
While attending California Western, Casey clerked for three local law firms from which he gained valuable experience and knowledge pertaining to myriad areas of law including estate planning, bankruptcy, and civil litigation. After graduating law school and passing the California Bar Exam in the spring of 2012, Casey worked as an associate attorney at a local firm for two years before founding The Law Offices of Casey O'Connell in the summer of 2014. Also in 2014, Jack Stephens began mentoring Casey in estate planning, probate, and elder law. Later, the two, along with Jacqueline Isaac, formed the Stephens Law Group to better serve the San Diego area's need for preeminent estate planning.
Casey's entrepreneurial background, family history of small business ownership, educational background in accounting and business law, and work experience in estate planning position him as a trustworthy, astute, and reliable resource for all your estate planning, probate, and business planning questions.
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Business Formations & Succession Planning
- California, 2012
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2012
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 2012
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 2012
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California, 2012
- California Western School of Law, San Diego, California
- J.D. magna cum laude
- Honors: Dean's List
- Law Review: California Western Law Review, Associate Editor, 2009 - 2011
- University of Colorado - Boulder, Boulder, Colorado
- Honors: With Distinction
- Major: Business Accounting
Professional Associations and Memberships
- San Diego County Bar Association, Member, 2009 - 2016
- North County Bar Association, Member, 2012 - 2016
Past Employment Positions
- Pite Duncan, LLP, Associate Attorney, 2012 - 2014